Today I'm sharing with you a recipe that I mentioned I was cooking up on my insta stories (@ Lavenderandcobotanicals ). This is a simple broth, inspired by the taste of pho soups - but you can make it in the comfort of your own home.
I love myself a good broth - almost any time of year; but especially so for the cooler seasons. This one in particular is my go to for when I’m feeling a little under the weather, or if I’m wanting to give my immune system some love. With warming ginger, garlic, and gut loving bone broth and miso - this dish will hopefully be a go to for you as well!
for the broth:
2 tsp sesame oil
An inch of fresh ginger
3 large garlic cloves
1 star anise
2 tbsp tamari
2 tbsp miso paste
6 cups of bone broth (home made is best but dehydrated powders also work well)
40 grams Shiitake mushrooms (dried)
4 'rolls' of vermicelli bean thread noodles
Bunch of Bok Choy
1 Fresh sliced chilli
4 Spring onions sliced
spirilized carrots ( optional )
Handful of chopped coriander
1. Peel and then finely chop the shallot. Add the sesame oil to a large pot, on medium heat cook the shallots.
2. Chop or grind up the ginger and garlic using a mortar and pestle. Add to the oil and shallots along with the star anise and cloves. Add tamari. Continue to stir ensuring that nothing sticks to the pot. Allow this to cook for a few minutes until the shallots are clear and the garlic fragrant.
3. Add the shiitake mushrooms, and stir through the mixture. Pour in the bone broth and continue to stir.
4. Bring everything to the boil, then allow to simmer. Add the miso paste. Continue simmering for 15 minutes.
5. Chop the end off the bok choy, rinse and cut off the leafy greens from the stems. Add the thicker stalks to the broth, keeping the leafy greens aside.
6. Prepare the noodles.
7. Once ready, add desired amount of noodles to a bowl. Add the bok choy leafs to the broth. Pour the broth over the noodles.
8. Add the toppings to your broth and serve !
Hope you all enjoyed this recipe post - and if you try the recipe for yourself be sure to tag me in it!