Like most of the recipes I've been putting out at this time, this curry is warming for the body, and nourishing for your soul !
2 cans tomatoes
1 brown onion
3 cloves garlic
3 cardamon pods
1 tsp fennel seeds
1 tsp garam masala
1 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp cinnamon
2 tsp turmeric
1/2 tsp cajun
1/2 tsp black pepper
1 can chickpeas
1 medium - large sweet potato
1.5 cups basmati rice
1 can coconut cream
1 tbsp ghee and or coconut oil
2 cups spinach
1. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius. Peel and chop the sweet potato into bite sized pieces. Drizzle with coconut oil or olive oil, add salt and pepper to taste in a large baking dish. Cook in the oven for 30 minutes or until tender.
2. dice the onion and add to a large pot with the ghee or coconut oil to cook. Cook on low - medium heat until the onion is translucent.
3. Chop the garlic and add to the onions, stirring often. While this cooks crush up the whole herbs, and add to the pot along with the powdered herbs. Continue stirring so the mix doesn't stick to the bottom. If it does add a splash of water or more ghee / coconut oil
4. Cook for at least 5 minutes, before adding the two cans of tomatoes. Bring to the boil, then allow to simmer, add the coconut cream and cook 20 minutes.
5. Strain and rinse the chickpeas, and add to the curry. Cook the basmati rice. Once potatos are cooked, add them to the curry and gently stir to combine everything. At the last minute, add the spinach to wilt.
6. Once the rice is done, serve a few spoonfuls of the curry on top. You can top with some parsley or other herbs for presentation and some extra goodness.
Hope you enjoy this simple curry recipe ! If you decide to cook it let me know in the comments how it went.
Wishing you all wellness in this time,